Need to speak with a customer service representative? Call our office on +3 35 5870 0040 (9am - 5pm CEST / Monday - Friday) or email us at
What is FCS II?
FCS II represents the very latest in detachable fin systems and performance. By applying 20 years of knowledge working with surfers, shapers and experts in hydrodynamics, FCS has created an entirely new fin system. FCS II features a stronger, lighter honeycomb composite construction with flush leading edge and keyless operation to create a superior fin system that is easier to use.
Will sun and salt water corrode the FCS II mechanism? And how about if sand enters the plug, will it jam?
The FCS II mechanism has been designed to operate in a highly corrosive environment. All materials used to construct the FCS II plug have been selected for their anti-corrosion properties; including titanium which is an inert material (will not rust). If sand enters the plug, the mechanism will not be restricted and will flush out the sand through the open slot cavities.
Will FCS II fins eject out of the system unintentionally when surfing?
No. The FCS II system has a high fin retaining force (around 12kg/26Ibs) and fins cannot be removed from the system by placing force on the front or side of the fin (i.e. the direction of forces applied to the fin during surfing). A fin can only be removed from the system by applying an upwards force to the rear of the fin.
Will the FCS II mechanism keep working over time?
The FCS II mechanism will continue to work no matter how many times you change your fins. This simple, but well refined mechanism constructed from superior materials ensures operational longevity.
FCS has completed repetition testing (installing then removing a fin from the system) with no retention force lost over 4,000 cycles. Under normal conditions, the FCS II system will outlast the life of the board.
How do I install and remove fins using the FCS II system?
FCS II is a keyless system. To insert a fin into the plug, place the front tab of the fin inside the front slot of the plug so that the hook in the fin tabs meets the horizontal bar inside the slot. Then, lower the rear tab into the rear slot of the plug until the mechanism engages the tab. This mechanism will hold the fin in place until removal. To remove the fin, grasp the fin and pull upwards.
Can I sell FCS Fins through my online shop?
Unfortunately we can not supply to online only stores – if you’re interested in setting up an account with us you have to have a physical store and set up an account with us. If you are interested in looking at an Account Application, contact us via the "Submit a Request" form (top right hand side).
How can I get in touch about Sponsorship?
Think you've got what it takes to be sponsored by FCS? We'll need the following details from you:
1) Resume: At FCS we love to see a bit of your personal background and your ambitions - where you have come from and where you are looking to go in the future with your surfing. Be sure to include all your surfing achievements and any affiliations with clubs etc in the sport.
2) Contact Details: Don't forget to include all your contact details, so we can get in touch if we have any questions.
3) Photos and Videos: The best way is to send us the link. Videos can be as short or as long as you want. Just keep in mind that we look for quality not quantity!
* Bonus points awarded if you have FCS gear in the pics or vids!
Use the "Submit a Request" Form (top right hand side) to send through all the above information.
Please note that as we receive a high number of sponsorship enquiries it is not always possible for us to respond to every one, so please don't be offended.
Most importantly ....have fun and keep ripping!
How do I become a FCS distributor or re-seller?
Surf Hardware International already have official FCS distributors in most major surfing destinations worldwide.
If you are interested in becoming a distributor you will first need to contact us to find out whether there is already a distributor operating in your area. If there is, we will be able to put you in touch with them so that you can source the product that you require.
If there is no distributor operating in your area and you are interested in becoming an official distributor, we will need the following information from you:
Company contact details
Information regarding the type of stock you will be ordering
Information regarding the quantity of stock you will be ordering
Information regarding the frequency of your ordering
Please Note: that you will need to be a registered business
Please send this info through the "Submit a Request" Form on our support page, and we will be able to advise on next steps.
How do I buy FCS Plug Systems (X2, Fusion, FCS II and Install Kits)?
To be able to purchase FCS Plugs and Install Kits you will need to be a manufacturer and set up an account with us (you will need to own an actual surfboard shaping or manufacturing business, and have a the revelant documentation).
If you don't have the above, your other option is heading to your local manufacturer who already has an account with us and ask them to install the FCS plugs for you.
Can FCS make custom fins for me?
Unfortunately we are unable to make custom fins due to manufacturing minimum order requirements and costs.
However, take a look at our website where you will find a huge range of fins to cater for different waves, surfers and styles.
Can I make a product suggestion?
Absolutely. FCS would not be the company it is today without the input of our loyal customers!
Please get in contact via info at thew top of the page and we'll pass your suggestion to our Product Development Team ...who knows, it might even get named after you!
Can I order a single/replacement fin?
Close encounters with rocks & boogy boarders mean that you sometimes snap a fin (which sucks, but is still a lot better than ripping out the fin box!). There are 2 ways to purchase a replacement fin:
1) Retail Store: Just head to your local FCS Stockist – if they don’t have the fin you’re after in stock it is very easy for them to order one in for you!
2) Buy Online: Choose your single fin from our Replacement category
we'll do our best to dispatch it quickly via post.
I've purchased the wrong item, can I exchange it?
If for any reason you are not happy with any items purchased, FCS will happily exchange or refund the item within 30 days from the date of purchase, without question, provided;
• You have proof of purchase (receipt, credit statement or invoice);
• The products are returned in their original packaging with all labels and instruction manuals included, unused and undamaged;
• The product you are returning is currently ranged by us;
• You return the product within 30 days of purchasing it from us; and
• You bear all costs, such as shipping and insurance, related to the return of the product to us.
Please Email Us (hit "Submit a Request" top right hand side)
Be sure to include your Invoice or Order number + your name, delivery address + email
Please allow 2 weeks for exchanges and refunds once your return is received at our office.
How do I return a faulty product that I purchased online?
Faulty items will be exchanged for new items within 2 weeks of receiving the product. If this product is not available, we will gladly exchange for any items to the same value or issue a refund. Either way you will be contacted by customer service to determine what is best for you.
FCS will happily cover the cost of shipping your new product.
1. Contact FCS via our Support Page or via the details at the bottom of this page, and complete the Warranty or Exchange/Refund form.
2. Customer service will then issue a RA number (return authorisation number) and shipping address.
3. Pack all items securely in a carton (or reuse the original packaging). Please ensure that all boxed items are securely enclosed in a satchel as we are not able to accept them if damaged.
4. Post the product with proof of purchase and completed return authorisation form to the FCS Sorting Centre.
*proof of purchase – only products purchased directly from our website can be processed. Purchases made at a store or another online vendor, must be processed by them.
Surfhardware International Europe -FCS
4 rue des résiniers
Zone des II Pins
40 130 Capbreton France
tel: +33 5 58 70 00 40
What is the warranty on FCS Fins?
FCS offers a 1 year limited warranty against manufacturing defects and faulty workmanship. Please note that this does not include damage caused by misuse, inappropriate use or normal wear and tear. For more info please read our Returns & Exchanges